Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Sébastien Dartigues <se...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/06 10:20:43 UTC

Solr / Velocity url rewrite

Hi all,

Today i'm using solritas as front-end for the solr search engine.

But i would like to do url rewriting to deliver urls more compliant with
SEO.

First the end user types that kind of url : http://host.com/query/myquery

So this url should be rewriten internally (kind of reverse proxy) in
http://localhost:8983/query?q=myquery.

This internal url should not be displayed to the end user and in return
when the result page is displayed all the links in the page should be
rewritten with a SEO compliant url.

I tried to perform some tests with an apache front end by using mod_proxy
but i didn't succeed to pass url parameters.
Does someone ever tried to do SEO with solr search engine (solritas front)?

Thanks for your help.

Re: Solr / Velocity url rewrite

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Not really. Mostly it's whatever you are most comfortable with. Since the
app <-> solr connection is just HTTP, the front-end is wide open.

FWIW,
Erick

Posted by Sébastien Dartigues <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Erick,