Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Stephen Truxton <st...@yahoo.com> on 2007/02/23 23:27:37 UTC

[users@httpd] Help: GIFs that are in same directory as PERL script are being executed

Hola!  :-)

Environment:
Apache 1.3 running on Suse Linux 9.0.

Background:
 - Because of my Cricket installation, I've had to put
GIFs in the same directory as some perl scripts.
 - The perl scripts are in a user directory so I had
to modify suse_public_html.conf to allow scripts to
execute.

Issue:
 - The perl scripts execute just dandy, but Apache is
interpreting the GIFs in that directory as
executables.  At least this is how I'm interpreting
the messages in error_log:
"[Fri Feb 23 05:56:28 2007] [error] (8)Exec format
error: exec of /home/sanscript
/public_html/cricket/images/rrdtool.gif failed
[Fri Feb 23 05:56:28 2007] [error] [client
10.19.83.200] Premature end of script headers:
/home/sanscript/public_html/cricket/images/rrdtool.gif"

Has anyone seen this before & know how to correct?

Thanks!

Stephen Truxton

Re: [users@httpd] Help: GIFs that are in same directory as PERL script are being executed

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 23.02.07 14:27, Stephen Truxton wrote:
> Background:
>  - Because of my Cricket installation, I've had to put
> GIFs in the same directory as some perl scripts.

makes not a problem

>  - The perl scripts are in a user directory so I had
> to modify suse_public_html.conf to allow scripts to
> execute.

you created ScriptAlias for that directory, right?

> Issue:
>  - The perl scripts execute just dandy, but Apache is
> interpreting the GIFs in that directory as
> executables.  At least this is how I'm interpreting
> the messages in error_log:
> "[Fri Feb 23 05:56:28 2007] [error] (8)Exec format
> error: exec of /home/sanscript
> /public_html/cricket/images/rrdtool.gif failed

> Has anyone seen this before & know how to correct?

if you configure access to some directory via ScriptAlias, apache will try
to execute every file in that directory.

Don't use ScriptAlias, if you don't have only executebla files in the
destination directory. Use "Options ExecCGI" for that directory.

I intend to live forever - so far so good.