Posted to dev@slider.apache.org by Sumit Mohanty <sm...@hortonworks.com> on 2014/05/28 05:10:42 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Slider 0.30-incubating RC0

Hello folks,

This is a call for a vote on Apache Slider 0.30 incubating release. Thanks
to everyone who have contributed to this release.

Here's a summary of what's new in Slider 0.30:
* Slider application registry that allow registration and discovery of
application
   configuration and URLs (such as jmx endpoints and management UI) for
client consumption.
* Move to a .zip packaging for Slider application packages.
* Richer metadata support for start/install ordering and arbitrary
templates that can
  be published after application activation.
* Dynamic port allocation and registration
* Updated application definition packages for HBase, Accumulo, and Storm.

Git source tag:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-slider.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/release-0.30-rc0

Staging site:
http://people.apache.org/~smohanty/slider-release-0.30-rc0/

PGP release keys (signed using 791FDAB0)
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0xECFC8276791FDAB0

One can look into the issues fixed in this release at:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=fixVersion%20%3D%20%22Slider%200.30%22%20AND%20Status%20%3D%20Resolved

Note that this is a source only release and we are voting on the source.

Vote will be open for 72 hours

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

+1 from my side for the release.

thanks
Sumit

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Apache Slider 0.30-incubating RC0

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1

* Verified sigs/hashes (hashes are in a form I haven't ever seen before,
resorted to visual inspection)
* Found no binary artifacts in source release
* Gave a pass over Maven dependencies, didn't see anything that looked
ASL incompatible
* Ran rat-check over source release
* Release file names contain "incubating"
* LICENSE, NOTICE and DISCLAIMER look complete
* Built from source archive, successfully ran core/agent unit tests

Of note, we should also make sure the KEYS file gets set up with this
release (noticed on http://incubator.apache.org/clutch.html). Something
to keep in mind.

- Josh

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

actions

   1. d/l tarball and expand
   2. rm -rf ~/.m2/repository/org.apache.slider
   3. built the package -observed tarball recreated (checksums of course
   differing due to inserted build info)
   4. ran the minicluster tests
   5. rebuild and retested on java8.

I can't rerun the functional tests as I'm travelling and my VMs don't bind
up until on the home network and their IP address & bonding to the ether
port works. But for all  tested -it worked

-steve

Posted by Billie Rinaldi <bi...@gmail.com>.
+1
verified signature and hashes
verified tarball matches git tag and is source only
checked license headers and dependencies
ran some unit tests

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
I installed Python 2.7.6 and reran the test - it passed.

+1 from me on this RC.

Posted by Sumit Mohanty <sm...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.