Posted to user@vcl.apache.org by Toan Trac <tr...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/06 23:20:47 UTC

Duration of Reservation

Currently, the max duration is 8 hours.  Can we change the setting to allow
the duration to be longer?  If so, what is the max and where do I make the
change?  Thanks ahead.

This is when the user creates the reservation.

Thanks,
Toan

Re: Duration of Reservation

Posted by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>.

Toan,

Sorry, I missed this email.

If the end of a reservation is reached, the user is kicked off.

If "check for logged in user" is set to no, once a user has connected, the
user gets the reservation until the end of the reservation even if the user is
not connected.

Imaging reservations, server reservations, and reservations with a duration >
24 hours also allow a user to have the reservation until the end time is
reached (as long as the user has logged in within the first 15 minutes of the
reservation).

For any other reservations, where "check for logged in user" is set to yes,
and the duration is < 24 hours, if the user is disconnected from the
reservation for 15 minutes, the reservation is timed out and the node is
reclaimed.

Josh

On Thursday, February 06, 2014 4:12:21 PM Toan Trac wrote:
> If the user walks away and let the application runs all night, would VCL
> kick them off?  Do I have to turn off a setting to check for logged in user
> (under image, advanced options)?
>
> Thanks,
> Toan
>
> On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 3:00 PM, Toan Trac <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I logged into a local account with Privilege and see the settings.
> >
> > On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 2:53 PM, Toan Trac <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I seen it in the User group: Initial Max Time (minutes); 240 minutes.
> >>
> >> But I can't edit, no field.

- --
- -------------------------------
Josh Thompson