Posted to user@ant.apache.org by T Master <tm...@iknowledgeinc.com> on 2001/09/14 20:00:24 UTC

documentation comment

Ant belongs to the Jakarta project.  As does Log4J.

Having used both, it is clear that just because something belongs to the
Jakarta project, does not make it an excellent piece of architecture or be
excellently documented (or half way there).

I won't say anymore for flame risk, but if you compare the two, Ant is
brilliant, super, a delight to use.  Its Javadocs are comprehensible, as are
its examples.

Yes Log4J is a nice utility, but its documentation for examples, and
javadocs are incomplete by a fair amount.
My only whine.

T Master

RE: documentation comment

Posted by Ylan Segal <yl...@digiworks.tv>.
You can subscribe to log4j user list in this link:

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail2.html

Ask there how you can contribute to the project, as I am only a regular
user.

Ylan

syslog/sys
log-whitepaper.html