Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by sc...@us.ibm.com on 2002/04/30 15:45:41 UTC

Re: Xalan phone home

I tend to believe that it is possible the XML parser is thinking it has a
pointer to a schema, and trying to open it?  (or some such)  Xerces folks,
any comment?  Certainly the XSLT processor is not trying to open the URL.

-scott

                      "Ushakov, Sergey
                      N"                       To:       <xa...@xml.apache.org>
                      <ushakov@int.com.        cc:       (bcc: Scott Boag/Cambridge/IBM)
                      ru>                      Subject:  Re: Xalan phone home

                      04/30/2002 01:15
                      AM

My firewall reports to me about this every time when I run Xalan... Please
have a look at its popup window. Host names vary from time to time. I saw
W3C-WEB3.MIT.EDU there also.

Regards,
Sergey

Posted by Alistair Hopkins <be...@btopenworld.com>.
Is the feature http://xml.org/sax/features/validation on Xerces set to true?
If it is, it will have to go get the XSLT grammar to validate the stylesheet
when it parses it in.
Also, in the comment on the site, it says

If this feature is set to true, the document must specify a grammar. If this
feature is set to false, the document may specify a grammar and that grammar
will be parsed but no validation of the document contents will be performed.

which implies that even if it's set EXPLICITLY to false it will go get the
grammar but then do nothing with it.

> Just curious why Xalan tries to contact the W3C transform url when it's
> parsing a stylesheet.

> Regards,
> Brian

(See attached file: XalanGoesW3.gif)