Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org> on 2022/08/14 15:41:29 UTC

[DISCUSS] Usage of Maven Changes Plugin/Reduction of Features

Guys,

does anyone of you use the extended features of MCHANGES besides the
changes.xml to HTML generation, e.g., messaging, JIRA report, Trac report?
I'd like to make it savvy for Doxia 2.0.0 and proper generation, but I
am not willing to keep the luggage of the mentioned additional features
because of:
* I don't know they do work or not work,
* the setup and testing effort of third party systems
* supporting commercial products I don't have access to.

My rough plan would be:
* Deprecate all of those in M1
* Remove all of those in M2
* Review plugin and update remaining deps in M2
* Look at open issues for M3

Personally, I have never used the messaging feature and for JIRA, et al.
I rather provide a link than duplicating the data.

Let me know what you think otherwise this plugin will not survive the
Doxia 2.0.0 stack migration.

Michael

Re: [DISCUSS] Usage of Maven Changes Plugin/Reduction of Features

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.
Am 2022-08-14 um 19:18 schrieb Sylwester Lachiewicz:
> I think it can be useful to use this plugin to automate our release
> procedures - based on configuration in our parent pom, sometime ago that
> may be in working state.

  I thought about this many times, but since your release process is
done is steps with wait time it would require effort. I see no one
currently picking up on this. Are you willing to do?

Re: [DISCUSS] Usage of Maven Changes Plugin/Reduction of Features

Posted by Sylwester Lachiewicz <sl...@gmail.com>.
I think it can be useful to use this plugin to automate our release
procedures - based on configuration in our parent pom, sometime ago that
may be in working state.

Sylwester

niedz., 14 sie 2022, 17:41 użytkownik Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.
Am 2022-08-14 um 18:55 schrieb Bernd Eckenfels:
> The Apache Commons Project Sites use the jira integration, the plugin works in principle, but does not support paging.
>
> https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-vfs/jira-report.html

Looking at the current code it could be easily a JIRA Report Maven
Plugin with jira-report:report. It shared only little with the actual
plugin. Commons has its own plugins, it could be one of them.

Re: [DISCUSS] Usage of Maven Changes Plugin/Reduction of Features

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Right, all Commons components (over 20) use the plugin to generate their
respective Jira pages.

Gary