Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by David <ga...@yahoo.com> on 2005/07/07 06:20:32 UTC

Removing 'cocoon' from url: effect on Tomcat Admin and Manager apps

This is a familiar question, I recall, but I'm trying to remove the
'cocoon/' from my application.  I did it by adding this to Tomcat's
server.xml:

Context path=""" docBase="/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/cocoon" ...

I enabled the 'mount everything else by calling the sitemap.xmap file
located in the requested folder' pattern in the main sitemap.  So my
application is in a folder called 'foo', and thus url's to my app look like:

http://mydomain.com/foo/somepattern

Problem is this configuration prevents me from accessing Tomcat's built-in
Administration and Manager applications since they are at /admin and
/manager (I recall) and thus cocoon tries to look for sitemaps in these
non-existent folders.

What's the best way to deal with this?  Can I move Tomcat's applications to
a different port?  Can I remove the 'cocoon' in a different manner?

Thanks,
David

Re: Removing 'cocoon' from url: effect on Tomcat Admin and Manager apps

Posted by "Volkm@r" <pl...@arcor.de>.
David wrote:
> This is a familiar question, I recall, but I'm trying to remove the
> 'cocoon/' from my application.  I did it by adding this to Tomcat's
> server.xml:
>
> Context path=""" docBase="/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/cocoon" ...

Why don't you start with creating a new "host" {your hostname} in
tomcat, and set this as default host. Then you can still access tomcat
samples with http://localhost.....

Here is my sample using several virtual hosts.
<http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/VirtualHostingHostMatcher>

The important part of the configuration is described in
<http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/CocoonEasyInstallation>
in the "Edit server.xml" section.
--
Volkm@r

Antwort: Removing 'cocoon' from url: effect on Tomcat Admin and Manager apps

Posted by ho...@armacell.com.
I use webapps/ROOT as base directory and this works fine. If uploaded as
.war file, use ROOT.war instead of cocoon.war.

HTH
Holger Willenborg

David <ga...@yahoo.com>
Gesendet von: