Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by "DelBusto, George" <Ge...@automic.com> on 2015/08/31 20:47:56 UTC

Issue with Digest Authentication

Hello,

This is my first post to the user group.
I have run into a bug with digest authentication and I'm not sure how to report it so it gets fixed. I am retrieving a WSDL that is behind digest authentication.
Part of the digest algorithm uses the URL and expects it to be the full URL including any query parameters. So when there is a URL like http://myhost/myservice?wsdl it should be using the whole URL, but it is only using http://myhost/myservice which creates an incorrect digest token and fails the authentication.

In the DigestAuthSupplier the method generateAuth takes the URL/URI as a parameter. Currently it is called like:  di.generateAuth(currentURI.getPath(), ...
It should be called with something like di.generateAuth(currentURI.getFile(),...

Please let me know the correct way to report this issue so it can get fixed.

Thank you,
George

This email (including any attachments) may contain information which is privileged, confidential, or protected. If you are not the intended recipient, note that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this message and attached files is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email and any attached files.

Re: Issue with Digest Authentication

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
You can submit a JIRA here (and attach a patch!):

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh