Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by "Hansaria, Himanshu" <hh...@iu.edu> on 2022/04/17 06:00:17 UTC

AIRAVATA-3598 Airavata Jupyter Platform services

Hi all,

While trying to come up with an architecture and proposal,
I'm facing the following questions I'd like to get answered :-

  1.  What is the expected number of users and concurrent users that we can have?
  2.  Which cloud service are we going to be using/need to integrate? (eg. AWS, Jetstream)
  3.  Do we need a VM based or container based architecture?
  4.  Which OS would be used for the notebook? In my opinion, Ubuntu could do the job.
  5.  For the scaling part, i was thinking we can have multiple users per container based on the namespace and each user can have a separate port on the container.
  6.  Do we want to persist the user data after log out? My guess is yes.
  7.  What will be the maximum size of the user saved data?
  8.  Will the Django portal be used to access the colab application?
  9.  How will the VS extension going to be useful to us?
  10. Do we need a network file system implemented for the notebooks or is there something implemented in Airavata already?

Any feedback or answers shall be helpful in the architecture and proposal.
Happy to get on a call if required.

Thanks,
Kind regards,
Himanshu