Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Abhishek Sinha <ab...@infoworks.io> on 2018/10/29 15:17:08 UTC

Re: Duplicate key unique constraint error

The issue is happening more frequently now. Can someone please look into
this?

On 24 September 2018 at 12:42:49 PM, Abhishek Sinha (abhishek@infoworks.io)
wrote:

Can someone please help in looking into this issue? It is critical since
this has come up in one of our production environment. Also, this issue has
appeared only once till now.

Regards,

Abhishek

On 20-Sep-2018, at 10:18 PM, Abhishek Sinha <ab...@infoworks.io> wrote:

Any update on this?

Regards,

Abhishek

On 18-Sep-2018, at 12:48 AM, Abhishek Sinha <ab...@infoworks.io> wrote:

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/K6BMTb5K

Regards,

Abhishek

On 18-Sep-2018, at 12:31 AM, Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>
wrote:

On 9/17/18 8:19 PM, Abhishek Sinha wrote:

Any update on this?

Please find the scheduler error log attached.

Can you share the full python stack trace?

Seems the mailing list doesn't allow attachments. Either post the
stacktrace inline, or post it somewhere at pastebin or so.

Re: Duplicate key unique constraint error

Posted by Abhishek Sinha <ab...@infoworks.io>.
Found a similar JIRA raised already:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-1370

Looks like the issue has been there around for sometime now.

Regards,

Abhishek | Infoworks.io | M: +91-9035191078

On 2 November 2018 at 12:49:40 PM, Abhishek Sinha (abhishek@infoworks.io)
wrote:

Max,

Yes, the stack trace points to the race condition issue. What can be done
to fix this? Can someone from the dev team look into this? Should I raise a
JIRA for the same?

On 2 November 2018 at 11:14:36 AM, Maxime Beauchemin (
maximebeauchemin@gmail.com) wrote:

Wait, the title of this thread is "Duplicate key unique constraint error",
to me that screams that something is not ok. If the check+insert was atomic
(insulated) this error wouldn't happen. Also I'm pretty sure when I looked
the stack trace looked like a scheduler-specific stack trace. It may be a
rare race condition, but doesn't the stack trace prove the existence of a
race condition?

Max

Posted by Abhishek Sinha <ab...@infoworks.io>.
Max,