Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Héctor Garcia Peris <he...@ivie.es> on 2002/03/25 10:10:11 UTC

Problem with mime types

Hello all,

I have tomcat 3.2.2 running in a debian potato 2.2.l9. I have a problem
with mime types. When I get a page with extension .css I see that the mime
type that the server returns to me is text/plain. I find a file under the
conf directory that is web.xml that there are lines with this:

     <mime-mapping>
         <extension>
             wrl
         </extension>
         <mime-type>
             x-world/x-vrml
         </mime-type>
     </mime-mapping>

I think that here is where I can put my extensions and I put the following
lines:

     <mime-mapping>
         <extension>
                 css
         </extension>
         <mime-type>
                 text/css
         </mime-type>
     </mime-mapping>
     <mime-mapping>
         <extension>
                 js
         </extension>
         <mime-type>
                 application/x-javascript
         </mime-type>
     </mime-mapping>

But when I restart the tomcat server and I get the file
http://linux.ivie.es:8080/estilos.css, the mime type is still text/html,
and not text/css.

What am I making wrong?

Thanks.

Héctor Garcia Peris
Dpto. Informática
Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas S.A. (Ivie)
C/ Guardia Civil, 22 esc-2 1º 46020 - Valencia (Spain)
Tfno.: +34 - 963190050 / +34 - 963930816
Fax.: +34 - 963190055 / +34 - 963930856
e-mail: hector.garcia@ivie.es