Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by artemy tregoubenko <at...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/08 11:28:58 UTC

Gzipping gadgets

Hello,

I found that shindig in default configuration doesn't gzip its output.
This is sad, as javascript code in inlined in html and even simpliest
gadget's size is tens of kilobytes. I've found traces of intention to
minify this code (potential post-processing in Gadjet.java and SHINDIG-52:
Use Maven Javascript Plugin to enable better builds), however no mention
of gzipping. Unfortunately I cannot write a patch, as i've never touched
world of java web-servers.

Should I create an issue in Jira, or this is not considered an issue at
all?

--
arty ( http://arty.name )

Re: Gzipping gadgets

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.
Compression is usually configured in your servlet container (e.g. Tomcat)
rather than writing the code yourself. We do still need to minify the
javascript, though there is an open JIRA issue for that already.