Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Gary Opela (Corporate)" <ga...@lcibest.com> on 2008/04/10 17:19:56 UTC

Tomcat Manager page won't load

Environment:

Windows Server 2k3 R2 EE

Apache Tomcat 5.5.17 installed in: C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\Tomcat-5.5.17

Microsoft IIS 6.0

IE 6.0.X.X SP2

Java:

                C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05

                C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_05

Whenever I go to Start -> All Programs -> Apache 5.5, none of the
webpages under that folder will load. I just get "The Page Cannot be
Displayed" error message in the window, with the title bar saying "
"Cannot Find Server - Microsoft Internet Explorer"

I have a 3rd party application that uses IIS6 and Tomcat 5.5 (which it
installs Tomcat during the installation of the 3rd party product) to
serve up its website built on jsp pages. Nothing will work. None of the
jsp pages will load or anything.

I'm not really sure where to start at, but I've looked several places on
the internet. I set a JAVA_HOME = C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05  and
a CATALINA_HOME = C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\Tomcat-5.5.17.

Also, in IIS, I right-click on Default Web Pages, on the ISAPI filters
tab, there is an entry for Jakarta and C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\Jakarta Isapi Redirector\bin\isapi_redirect.dll.

Can anyone think of anything I'm missing? None of my webpages will load,
except for HTTP://localhost, which loads a Default.htm file.

Thanks,

Gary Opela, Jr., RSP

Remedy Engineer

Leader Communications, Inc.

Best Product, Best People, Best PriceTM

An ISO 9001:2000 Certified, CMMI(r) Level 3 Rated Company

RE: Tomcat Manager page won't load

Posted by "Gary Opela (Corporate)" <ga...@lcibest.com>.
Correction: It is working. The tomcat service was set to manual, so whenever I rebooted, it didn't come back up.

Thanks,

Gary Opela, Jr., RSP
Remedy Engineer
Leader Communications, Inc.
Best Product, Best People, Best PriceTM
An ISO 9001:2000 Certified, CMMI® Level 3 Rated Company

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
That's a question for your logs.  If the logs don't help, is there a
core dump hanging around indicating the JVM crashed?

--David

Posted by Nuno Manuel Martins <nu...@sonae.com>.