Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by phillip rhodes <rh...@yahoo.com> on 2004/08/03 06:14:42 UTC

ognl access to HttpServletRequest and HttpSession?

I am using the HttpSession and HttpServletRequest as a
means to pass application data (domain objects) from
non-tapestry based applications to my tapestry app...

Is there a ognl expression that I can use to refer to
an attribute in the request and/or session ?

It would be nice to have a list that shows what
tapestry makes available via ognl  (e.g. visit,
page,...)

Thanks.

Re: ognl access to HttpServletRequest and HttpSession?

Posted by Warner Onstine <wa...@warneronstine.com>.
ognl:requestCycle.requestContext.request.attribute("attName") will
retrieve the request for you.

-warner

Form Processing and Persisting Objects

Posted by Joe Andolina <jo...@andomation.com>.
Hello,
	I apologize if this is a repost, I had some email trouble last
night. Basically I have a form full of components and would like to know
which components have updated values and which do not. This is all in an
effort to minimize the database processing.

1) Is there a list of child components available to me in my component and
page .java files?

2) Once I do get the components, is there a dirtyFlag?

Joe

Re: Slide and Lenya-Cocoon-Tapestry Integration.

Posted by Slava Dodatko <te...@anahoret.com>.
Hello Walter,

Tuesday, August 3, 2004, 2:11:36 PM, you wrote:

W> We are a small user company who is looking for someone that is working
W> on an integration between slide, lenya, cocoon and tapestry.  We do not
W> have a large budget, but would be willing to contribute the integration
W> work to open source.

W> If any interest, please contact me.

We are ready to help you.

Thank you.

--
Best regards,
 Slava                            mailto:team@anahoret.com

Slide and Lenya-Cocoon-Tapestry Integration.

RE: ognl access to HttpServletRequest and HttpSession?

Posted by "Filip S. Adamsen" <fi...@stubkjaer-adamsen.dk>.
This would perhaps be useful:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/doc/TapestryUsersGuide/properties.html

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Aug 3, 2004, at 12:14 AM, phillip rhodes wrote:
> It would be nice to have a list that shows what
> tapestry makes available via ognl  (e.g. visit,
> page,...)

Tapestry makes the page implicitly available to OGNL expression
bindings.  So, have a look at the the IPage, AbstractPage, and BasePage
API (perhaps via Javadocs) and you'll see what you can get to.  "visit"
and "global" are simply getters in that API.