Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Brian Orledge <bo...@rsimail.com> on 2002/08/16 15:35:40 UTC

Apache2 / Tomcat4

Hello,

Still having problems connecting Apache2 to Tomcat4 on Linux.   I have
seen the help on Apache1.3 but the mod_jk.so file build is not
compatible with Apache2.   Can anyone out there PLEASE post some links
or docs on Apache2-Tomcat4.

Muchas Gracias

Brian Orledge

Re: Apache2 / Tomcat4

Posted by sibusiso xolo <si...@b-vol.co.uk>.
explain your problem I may have missed your earlier posting

RE: Apache2 / Tomcat4

Posted by Andrew <an...@attbi.com>.
Here are some useful links

Mod_jk.dll -> http://www.acg-gmbh.de/mod_jk/

Directions to installing ->
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/config/ajp.html

More directions ->
http://www.galatea.com/flashguides/apache-tomcat-24-win32.xml

- Andrew

Re: Apache2 / Tomcat4

Posted by Graham Chapman <gr...@patia.com>.
At 09:35 AM 16/08/2002 -0400, you wrote:

Try this http://www.acg-gmbh.de/mod_jk/. It looks to me that mod_jk support
for Apache 2 is a bit flaky because it has been moved out of Tomcat but not
yet picked up properly. Part of the reason might be that in many cases you
can direct servlet queries to a Tomcat server just by specifying port 8080
in the URL, so you only really need mod_jk if you really need to have users
send queries to servlets directly and you don't want them to have to
include the Tomcat port.

Graham

>Hello,
>
>Still having problems connecting Apache2 to Tomcat4 on Linux.   I have
>seen the help on Apache1.3 but the mod_jk.so file build is not
>compatible with Apache2.   Can anyone out there PLEASE post some links
>or docs on Apache2-Tomcat4.
>
>Muchas Gracias
>
>Brian Orledge

-----