Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.com> on 2014/11/18 22:15:32 UTC

[OT] Java Image Processing Survival Guide - Re: [imaging] - Release Date and Production Suitability?

Hi Josh,

this message is a little bit off-topic (since it promotes some of my work which is not directly related to Apache Commons Imaging) but you might check out

* https://github.com/sgoeschl/java-image-processing-survival-guide/tree/master/paper <https://github.com/sgoeschl/java-image-processing-survival-guide/tree/master/paper>
* https://github.com/sgoeschl/java-image-processing-survival-guide/raw/master/slides/jipsg.pdf <https://github.com/sgoeschl/java-image-processing-survival-guide/raw/master/slides/jipsg.pdf>
* https://github.com/sgoeschl/java-image-processing-survival-guide/tree/master/code/jipsg

For two customer projects I converted millions of images using Apache Commons Imaging, Apache PDFBox, ImageIO, JAI & TwelveMonkeys and wrote a paper & presentation including sample code to compare the various image processing libraries.

Depending on the scale of image processing you might experience a few of my problems and there are better things in life than tracing image conversion problems :-)

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

Posted by "Mickley, Joshua R (Genworth)" <Jo...@genworth.com>.
Siegfried,

Thank you for your response.  I have reviewed your paper and slides and found them to be very informative.  The requirements of my project are very closely aligned to the ones you have referenced.  I am glad to hear that you were able to achieve a successful end result and that Commons Imaging played a hand in it.  Hearing your story has given me increased confidence in its stability/reliability.

Thanks again!