Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za> on 2002/12/02 15:47:11 UTC

Cocoon memory usage problems: Windows vs UNIX

Hi

I am struggling to get Cocoon running properly on our UNIX server
(production) machine.

On my local machine, running Windows 2000, I am able to monitor
the performance of Tomcat, and watch the memory usage climb -
typically
from about 30MB when loading up, up to about 120MB when running Cocoon
(using the samples from the main sitemap).

On the production machine, its a bit harder to figure, as there is only
single process called "Java"; but total memory can ramp up to over
220MB
after doing the equivalent to the above.

This "memory hogging", along with the other typical memory activiities
on
the server, pushes the memory within a few megabytes of "full" and
causes
some strange behavior such as pages only loading partially or, even
worse,
the dreaded "out of memory" error.... (and this is *before* I start
working with
graphics which I *know* are memory intensive!)

Has anyone any ideas or suggestions on how to obtain better memory
consumption on a UNIX (more comparable with Windows?)

Thanks
Derek

System specs:-

Development:  Windows 2000; 256MB
Production : UNIX - Solaris; 512MB

Both machines running Cocoon 2.03 and Tomcat 4 and Java 1.31

Handling servlet exceptions in sitemap

Posted by Jordi Valldaura i Riqué <jo...@salleURL.edu>.
Hello,

I'm trying to call a servlet from my sitemap, but I'm not able to handle
the servlet's exceptions through <handle-errors>. Is there anyway to do it.

<map:pipeline>
	<map:match pattern="greet">
		<map:redirect-to url="greeting" type="servlet"/>
	</map:match>
	<map:match pattern="*.*">
		<map:generate src="{1}.{2}" type="serverpages"/>
		<map:transform src="stylesheets/page2html.xsl" />
		<map:serialize/>
	</map:match>
    <map:handle-errors>
     <map:transform src="stylesheets/error2html.xsl"/>
     <map:serialize status-code="500"/>
    </map:handle-errors>
</map:pipeline>

Thanks in advance