Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Brian Sieler <bs...@remitpro.com> on 2006/09/27 18:49:02 UTC

Tomcat 5.5.12/naming-common.jar install problem

I'm encountering something odd that I haven't been able to solve.

Install 5.5.12 and I can start the default web application just fine (clean
install).

>From the clean install, add naming-common.jar and commons-logging.jar to
common/lib-no other changes--and attempt to start the default web
application. Get:

Using CATALINA_BASE:   /test/apache-tomcat-5.5.12

Using CATALINA_HOME:   /test/apache-tomcat-5.5.12

Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /test/apache-tomcat-5.5.12/temp

Using JRE_HOME:       /opt/jdk1.5.0_07

Catalina.out:

INFO: Initialization processed in 836 ms

        at
)

        at
.java:25)

        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:275)

        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:413)

Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.naming.NamingContextBindingsEnumeration.<init>(Ljava/util/Enumera
tion;)V

        at
org.apache.naming.NamingContext.listBindings(NamingContext.java:435)

        at
org.apache.naming.NamingContext.listBindings(NamingContext.java:464)

..

The presence of naming-common.jar leads to the error above on startup, but
why? I can't find much information about naming-common.jar on the website or
in the manual.

Any help appreciated.