Posted to users@maven.apache.org by amit kumar <am...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/04 19:00:15 UTC

.m2/settings.xml

Hi,
where is .m2/settings.xml? I saw this first in the maven plugin for
eclipse. It keeps looking for %USER_HOME%/.m2/settings.xml. But I can
not find this file inside the .m2 folder. Do I have to create it
manually? Or it is supposed to be generated at the time of .m2 folder
gets created.

Amit

Re: .m2/settings.xml

Posted by so...@apache.org.
On 2/4/08, amit kumar <am...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  where is .m2/settings.xml? I saw this first in the maven plugin for
>  eclipse. It keeps looking for %USER_HOME%/.m2/settings.xml. But I can
>  not find this file inside the .m2 folder. Do I have to create it
>  manually? Or it is supposed to be generated at the time of .m2 folder
>  gets created.
>
>  Amit

settings.xml allows overriding the default settings for the location
of the repository, proxy server access, and more.  You must create the
file if you need these overrides.  Maven could be improved by
providing a sample file with every possible setting either inactive or
set to the default (like httpd.conf from a popular software package.)

%USER_HOME% is your home directory.
On real OSes, this is usually /home/{username}.  Bash allows quick
access with the tilde '~' so try "cd ~".  Directory starting with a
period may be hidden so use "ls -A" to show all files.

On Microsoft OSes, the home directory is "C:\Documents and
Settings\{username}".  Use double-quotes because Microsoft uses spaces
to prevent normal people from typing the path correctly.  Directories
starting with a period may be hidden so change Folder Options to "Show
all files".

solprovider

Re: .m2/settings.xml

Posted by amit kumar <am...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a ton!

Re: .m2/settings.xml

Posted by Tomasz Pik <to...@gmail.com>.

Re: .m2/settings.xml

Posted by amit kumar <am...@gmail.com>.
Okay. actually that's the file I copied into .m2 folder thinking as of
a temporary workaround.(now realise this is how it should be). Thanks.

RE: .m2/settings.xml