Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by martin eberle <ma...@innowake.de> on 2001/11/13 15:08:17 UTC

... tomcat and mod_ webapp won't work ...

hey there, it's me again ...
well, i've finished tomcat and apache installation, both running
(respectively it seems so ...)
but: hehe, every time i try to access the server via my browser, there's
(what a pity) no result displayed ...
the connection time is too long, at any point, i receive an timeout (or
get nothing) ...

my configuration is listed as following:
suse 7.0, apache 1.3.12, tomcat 4.01....

------------------------- snip httpd.conf
--------------------------------------
LoadModule /usr/lib/apache/mod_webapp.co
AddModule mod_webapp.c
<IfModule mod_webapp.c>
	WebAppConnection warpConnection warp localhost:8008
	WebAppDeploy  examples warpConnection /examples
</IfModule>
------------------------- snap httpd.conf
--------------------------------------

Tomcat is establishing connection to port 8008, too .....

The curious (or not?):
Browser is loading http://server/examples/ during that i run the tomcat
shutdown command, what happens ->
the browser stops loading -> it's a sign, the webserver routes correctly
to tomcat, isn't it?

Help me! :)
-martin

Re: ... tomcat and mod_ webapp won't work ...

Posted by Mika Goeckel <mi...@stepstone.de>.
Hi!

Versuch mal nach dem examples einen slash, also

WebAppDeploy  examples warpConnection /examples/

und dann auch in der url. Ich glaube mich erinnern zu können, daß das bei
mir auch da gehakt hat.

Grüße, Mika