Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Jeff Linwood <je...@greenninja.com> on 2003/04/16 02:52:12 UTC

Re: any C++ implementations in the works

Wouldn't it be easier to write a simple parser in C++ using your
libraries that creates XML out of your ASN.1? I know, it'll balloon your
130G to a terabyte or so, but maybe you could gzip it as you go along?

Posted by Marc Dumontier <md...@rogers.com>.
That's one possible solution, but the extra time,and space needed is
something i'm looking to avoid. I have a current text indexing solution
written in C which does the job, but i find it's storage format very
inefficient for searching and i really don't want to start soemthing from
scratch.

Marc