Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Bhavesh Shah <bh...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/13 08:22:10 UTC

Doubt related to INDEX in Hive

Hello,
I am just started using Hive in Hive. I never used it before.
I just want to ask one thing related to this is that:  If I use INDEX in my
task then Does it be give any change in performance?
I mean that If I started using Hive then  what about the performance of
HIve?
Does it increase?

--
Thanks and Regards,
Bhavesh Shah

RE: Doubt related to INDEX in Hive

Posted by binhnt22 <Bi...@viettel.com.vn>.
Index in Hive is nothing like index in RDBMS.

It's useful for summary sql like sum, count group by index columns.

Detail information you should read in
http://www.slideshare.net/NikhilDeshpande/indexed-hive

Best regards

Nguyen Thanh Binh (Mr)