Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by "Dighe, Rahul" <Ra...@bcbsfl.com> on 2002/05/29 16:34:15 UTC

2 different version of xerces in same jvm

Hi,
 Is it possible to have two different versions of xerces running in the same
jvm. My opinion is that its not. simply because whichever class file is
first in the classpath will take preference
  But is there anyway that we can accomplish this.
  The problem is that we have a vendor which uses xerces 1.2.3 we have
written some extensions on top of what he is doing which needs to use 1.4.4
. now the vendor software does not run for some reason with 1.4.4 which is
presenting a very peculiar problem. and all this has to also run in the same
jvm.
  can someone give me any suggestions ..any suggestions whatsoever are
welcome, we might even consider having it in two jvm's. if needed. please
let me know

thanks
rahul dighe.

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, Inc., and its subsidiary and
affiliate companies are not responsible for errors or omissions in this e-mail message. Any personal comments made in this e-mail do not reflect the views of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, Inc.

Re: 2 different version of xerces in same jvm

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.
"Dighe, Rahul" wrote:
>  Is it possible to have two different versions of xerces running in the same
> jvm. My opinion is that its not. simply because whichever class file is
> first in the classpath will take preference
>   But is there anyway that we can accomplish this.

Implement a custom class loader to load each version separately.

--
Andy Clark * andyc@apache.org