Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jan Peter Hecking <ja...@verdisoft.com> on 2004/04/02 15:44:38 UTC

302 response when accessing web app context path

Hi,

after switching from WebLogic 6.1 to Tomcat 5.0.19 as our web app
container we're running into a problem with a slight difference in how
these two containers handle HTTP request to the context path of our web
app. We have a web app with a context path "/external" and on WebLogic
GET requests to this URL will get mapped to the default servlet. Tomcat
however sends a 302 ("Moved temporarily") responds an redirects the
request to the URL "/external/" (note the extra slash at the end).
Unfortunately in our case the URL "/external" is configured in another
server outside our direct control and this server does also not follow
HTTP redirects. So this small difference causes requests from the
external server to our web app to fail.

I tried using different URL mappings for the default servlet in our web
app but neither "/", "/*", nor "*" changed Tomcats behaviour. Is there
some way to control Tomcats behaviour to map all requests to the context
path of the web app directly to the default servlet?

Regards,
Jan