Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ramana satyavarapu <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2001/07/09 09:13:32 UTC

Problem with tomcat installation

Hi,
    WHEN I TRY TO START TOMCAT AFTER SETTING ALL THE
ENVIRONMENTAL VARIABLES, IT SAYS " OUT OF ENVIRONMENT
SPACE" AND IS NOT GETTING STARTED. PLEASE HELP ME OUT
WITH THIS.

THANKS,
Ramana

=====
Ramana Satyavarapu.
M.S (Arizona State univ)
TA (CSE 566)
phone: 480-966-8803 (res)
       602-965-1662 (office)

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

RE: Problem with tomcat installation

Posted by Greg Trasuk <tr...@stratuscom.ca>.
Hello:

	You need to add the following to your c:\CONFIG.SYS file:

	SHELL=C:\COMMAND.COM /P/E:4096

	where the '4096' is the numebr of bytes to allocate for environment space.
You may need to increase the number from 4096.

Cheers,

Greg Trasuk, President
StratusCom Manufacturing Systems Inc. - We use technology to turn
information into profits on your plant floor.
http://stratuscom.ca