Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Eric Redmond <er...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/01 03:28:59 UTC

Re: Site Generation Struggles

This is a user group question - but look below.

On 5/31/07, Brent Kersanske <bk...@akorri.com> wrote:

> I've been struggling with some of maven's custom site generation tools
> for a few days now.
>
> It seems there is very little helpful information out there, and the few
> bits of good information that do exist are difficult to find.
>

> I've gotten to the point where I have a working velocity template for my
> site, and I've added dynamic javascript menus in place of the normal
> menus.
>

> I wanted to format the actual content (reports, project documentation,
> etc) that is generated by reporting plugins and assorted project
> information in the pom. I understand that maven uses doxia to render all
> content similarly from accepted formats.
>

> If possible, I'd like to render content within collapsible ajax panels
> to allow the user to eliminate a lot of the extra noise that some report
> plugins deliver.

What's the point of Ajax? A collapsible menu - sure - but Ajax?

An old-fashioned javascript collapsible menu is one of the examples here:
http://sonatype.com/book/site-generation.html

Eric

Would this be possible? If not, what capabilities does a developer have

--
Eric Redmond
http://www.sonatype.com