Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "calyan.bandi" <ca...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/06 10:01:34 UTC

File Component - Implementing onCompletionExceptionHandler for older versions

Hi,

Below is the warning that is received due to an exception at any time during
processing of a file. This basically does a rollback of the entire file and
it starts to read again.

WARN thread #0 - [GenericFileOnCompletion] Rollback file strategy:
org.apache.camel.component.file.strategy.GenericFileDeleteProcessStrategy@41a7d9e7
for file: G

I am trying to override the class GenericFileOnCompletion<T> and handle the
methods onComplete() and onFailure() and few other methods provided in it. I
am not sure how i can attach my class to the file end point in the route as
i see no option provided for camel version 2.13.2.

I can see in the documentation that a new file consumer option
"onCompletionExceptionHandler" is provided to handle any thrown exceptions
but this is in the newer version of camel (2.16.2).

I also believe that an option should be provided for the file component
which would say either true or false i.e., if an exception occur during
processing, a rollback should happen or it shouldn't. By having this option
end users can simply control the behaviour on the URI itself...something
like below.

<from
uri="file:/in/src/files?fileName=input.txt&amp;noop=true&amp;rollBackOnException=false"
/>

Thanks,
Kalyan