Posted to dev@carbondata.apache.org by Degen DG1 Zhong <zh...@lenovo.com> on 2016/07/20 09:40:31 UTC

[Help]carbondata cannot create table

0: jdbc:hive2://slave19:50000/default> create table if not exists table1 (id string, name string, city string, age Int) STORED BY 'org.apache.carbondata.format';
Error: org.apache.spark.sql.execution.QueryExecutionException: FAILED: SemanticException Cannot find class 'org.apache.carbondata.format' (state=,code=0)

I use carbondata to create table with org.apache.carbondata.format,  class not found;  I cannot found org.apache.carbondata.format.java file in source code from git.
Env:
spark1.6.0+thriftserver+hadoop2.6.0+carbondata

________________________________
Degen DG1 Zhong

Re: [Help]carbondata cannot create table

Posted by Ravindra Pesala <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi zhong,

I guess you started the thrift server from Spark so Carbon cannot work
because Spark default thrift server HiveContext not CarbonContext. I will
soon add the script to start thrift server in carbon.

By the time you can use the following script to start the thrift server of
carbon.

bin/spark-she'll --class
org.carbondata.spark.thriftserver.CarbonThriftserver carbonassemblydata.jar
storepath

Thanks & Regards,
Ravindra.