Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Thompson, Christine" <CT...@ndsuk.com> on 2005/09/20 18:44:22 UTC

Deploying services to other webapps

I am working with Axis 1.2.1 on Tomcat 5.0.30. I would like to use axis
under a web application named something other than "axis". I wish to
deploy a jar file containing the service, so I cannot use the JWS
deployment. However, when I tried this, and deployed my soap service to
the new webapp using AdminClient (using a classpath containing all the
axis jar files from the renamed application), it still attempted to
deploy to http://localhost:8080/webapps/axis, not my new application.
Looking at the source code of the AdminClient class, it uses a
defaultURL of http://localhost:8080/axis/services/AdminService, which
presumably causes my problem.

Is there a way in which I can deploy to another webapp? Or am I
constrained by what appears to be a hard-coded url in the source code?

Thanks,

Christine

 Information contained in this email message is intended only for use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by email to postmaster@ndsuk.com and destroy the original message.

Re: Deploying services to other webapps

Posted by Vinicius Carvalho <ja...@gmail.com>.
Cristine, I'm sorry but it seems no one knows how to deal with it, I've been
search the list for hours, post the same question. It only deploys to the
default axis. I guess that's the price of opensource ;)

On 9/20/05, Thompson, Christine <CT...@ndsuk.com> wrote:

>  I am working with Axis 1.2.1 on Tomcat 5.0.30. I would like to use axis
> under a web application named something other than "axis". I wish to deploy
> a jar file containing the service, so I cannot use the JWS deployment.
> However, when I tried this, and deployed my soap service to the new webapp
> using AdminClient (using a classpath containing all the axis jar files from
> the renamed application), it still attempted to deploy to
> http://localhost:8080/webapps/axis, not my new application. Looking at the
> source code of the AdminClient class, it uses a defaultURL of
> http://localhost:8080/axis/services/AdminService, which presumably causes
> my problem.
>
>  Is there a way in which I can deploy to another webapp? Or am I
> constrained by what appears to be a hard-coded url in the source code?
>
>  Thanks,
>
> Christine
>  =======================================================
> Information contained in this email message is intended only for use of
> the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not
> the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it
> to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
> distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you
> have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by
> email to postmaster@ndsuk.com and destroy the original message.

Albert Einstein

Re: Deploying services to other webapps

Posted by Ron <ro...@ronsmits.org>.
>>From the documentation:

On Windows
java -cp %AXISCLASSPATH% org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient
     -lhttp://localhost:8080/axis/services/AdminService deploy.wsdd
On UNIX
java -cp $AXISCLASSPATH org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient
     -lhttp://localhost:8080/axis/services/AdminService deploy.wsdd

If you get some java client error (like ClassNotFoundException), then
you haven't set up your AXISCLASSPATH (or CLASSPATH) variable right,
mistyped the classname, or did some other standard error. Tracking down
such problems are foundational Java development skills--if you don't
know how to do these things, learn them now!

Note: You may need to replace localhost with your host name, and 8080
with the port number used by your web server. If you have renamed the
web application to something other than "axis" change the URL
appropriately.

--
Besides, I think Slackware sounds better than 'Microsoft,' don't you?

-- Patrick Volkerding