Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Mark Wallring <mw...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2019/05/12 19:13:13 UTC

Spell check not working right

Using 4.1.6 and everything was fine a week ago now all the sudden every word i type is underlined red like its an error i right click and it gives me no option to replace the supposed misspelled word it just marks everything red how do it fix this please

Re: Spell check not working right

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Sun, 12 May 2019 19:13:13 +0000 (UTC)
Mark Wallring <mw...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Using 4.1.6 and everything was fine a week ago now all the sudden every word i type is underlined red like its an error i right click and it gives me no option to replace the supposed misspelled word it just marks everything red how do it fix this please

Try renaming your OO user profile.

As you are using Windows close OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File
Explorer. Copy and paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File Explorer (sometimes called Windows Explorer)
Address Bar and press Enter. Rename the "user" folder - "user.old" is a good choice. Start OpenOffice.

This cures most spellcheck problems.

This happens usually because you power off your computer too hastily or close the laptop lid, before the internal buffers of the hard drive have flushed to the disks.
--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>