Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Steven Nelson <ne...@yahoo.com> on 2003/02/14 00:04:25 UTC

CGIServlet

Hi,

I have been trying to use the CGIServlet but there seems to be a bug with the POST handling.  It seems that the env variable CONTENT_LENGTH is not being set properly.  In my case it seems to be 4 bytes short every time, I am not sure if it is just a coincidence but I am also passing 4 parameters and this is the same value that the CONTENT_LENGTH is off by...maybe the CONTENT_LENGTH in the HttpServletRequest environment is not counting the separators of the parameters so when it is copied into the cgi commands environment it is short ( it was a little difficult to try to debug the CGIServlet so I am not positive on how the CONTENT_LENGTH is being set up but I think it is copied from the HttpServletRequest.getContentLength(); )...anyway this is a big problem for me because those last 4 bytes are very important to the cgi program using them.  Please let me know if this can be explored, and a date on when it could potentially be resolved, if this is at all possible.

Thanks, Steve