Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gia Thornton <fo...@yahoo.com> on 2005/01/12 02:40:31 UTC

How to make tomcat 5 not persist session?

Hi there,
   I am developing jsp to run in tomcat 5.0.18.  I need to store a java class object in session.  The class is not serialized.  I got error message:

SEVERE: IOException while loading persisted sessions: java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted; java.io.NotSerializableException: (class name)

I know that tomcat use session manager to persist sessions and reload them when server starts up.  But I can not find where to configure it.  How can I turn it off so that I don't get the error message? Can anyone give some suggestion?  Thank you very much.

regards,

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: How to make tomcat 5 not persist session?

Posted by Gia Thornton <fo...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,
   Sorry I have found the answer.  I need to add

<Manager className="org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager" pathname=""/>

to application context.

regards,