Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Ralf S. Engelschall" <rs...@engelschall.com> on 1997/06/24 13:10:02 UTC

module magic number: please increase

I've noticed that because of the NT patches there is a difference in
prototyping for spawn_child (void -> int). This leads to nasty warnings when
using a newer mod_rewrite (e.g. 3.0.7) under an "old" ;-) Apache 1.2.0.
Because it is essential that users of the last release version (1.2) also can
use the bugfixed mod_rewrite I need to add some #if statements. Thats no
problem. But for it to work, I need MODULE_MAGIC_NUMBER to be greater then the
current one 19970526 which is actually what 1.2.0 has.

So, please bump the MODULE_MAGIC_NUMBER definition in http_config.h.

Thanks,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com

Re: module magic number: please increase

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.
Done.  I used 19970623.

Dean