Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Kahn, Jason M" <ja...@lmco.com> on 2002/09/13 17:44:40 UTC

1.7.3 multiple thread groups under one test plan

Hi,

I have been trying out JMeter for load testing intranet pages.  My current
goal is to configure a test plan that encompasses hitting a login jsp (http
post request with login/pw variables) once and then hitting other pages on
the site still keeping user logged in.  I do not want to have a login, then
hit page A, page B, and page C in one thread group as that logs the user in
multiple times if repeated.  My attempt was to put config elements and
listeners under the test plan and the individual page hits as thread groups
so as to allow certain pages to be hit varied numbers of times.  My problem
is that the Thread group results do not appear to communicate with the test
plan parent.  Is there a simple way to work around this problem that I am
overlooking?

Thanks,
Jason

Re: 1.7.3 multiple thread groups under one test plan

Posted by Mike Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
Put everything in one threadgroup, but put the login page under a OnceOnlyController.  This
will cause the login request to only be executed the first time through the test, and skipped
thereafter.

-Mike

On 13 Sep 2002 at 11:44, Kahn, Jason M wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been trying out JMeter for load testing intranet pages.  My current
> goal is to configure a test plan that encompasses hitting a login jsp (http
> post request with login/pw variables) once and then hitting other pages on
> the site still keeping user logged in.  I do not want to have a login, then
> hit page A, page B, and page C in one thread group as that logs the user in
> multiple times if repeated.  My attempt was to put config elements and
> listeners under the test plan and the individual page hits as thread groups
> so as to allow certain pages to be hit varied numbers of times.  My problem
> is that the Thread group results do not appear to communicate with the test
> plan parent.  Is there a simple way to work around this problem that I am
> overlooking?
>
> Thanks,
> Jason

Michael Stover