Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Alexandre Albert <al...@unicible.ch> on 2002/09/24 08:45:18 UTC

Réf. : Strut application with support for portallike behavior

Hi Anil
Tiles is shipped with Struts 1.1 and you have some portal like
functionalities. It is implementing the composite view design pattern. But
there is nothing magic with it, and I think that you have to manage
yourself the scope of  your data and the different ActionForm attached
with your form. You can get tiles for struts 1.0 with the documentation at
http://www.lifl.fr/~dumoulin/tiles

_________________________
Alexandre Albert

"Anil Kumar" <an...@hotmail.com>
09/24/02 04:19 AM
Veuillez répondre à "Struts Users Mailing List"

        Pour :  struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
        cc :
        Objet : Strut application with support for portal like behavior

I am trying to use "Strut application framework". I need a portal like
behavior in my application

I want to know whether the "Strut application framework" have
a support for Portal - or can it be use to support portal like behavior ie
;

Here is the brief description of my problem :-
- I have a main page having data from 3 different .jsps(ie these jsps are
included in the main jsp page) -
- If I click on the submit button on one of the jsp page - I  want to move
to the next screen on that jsp - while preserving the other
2 jsps data - as we get the behaviour in Portal.

I tried using ActionMapping.findforward()  I just get the data from the
new
forwarded page and 2 old jsp pages data is overridden

I tried using ActionMapping.setInclude(...) - but still the same behaviour

- need some help in this regard

-Anil
=======