Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by sri vela <sr...@yahoo.com> on 2003/09/03 00:12:28 UTC

encoding problem with Fo file

Hi all,
I have a fo file which has some special characters,
which are not being parsing by FOp and throwing
"Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence" exception.
Can any one tell me how to fix this problem.please
have a look at the Fo file.It is throwing exception at
single quote which is used in "Trey's" word and also
throwing the same exception for bullets also.I
appreciate if some one could help me out from this
problem.

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

Re: encoding problem with Fo file

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
sri vela wrote:
> I have a fo file which has some special characters,
> which are not being parsing by FOp and throwing
> "Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence" exception.
> Can any one tell me how to fix this problem.please
> have a look at the Fo file.It is throwing exception at
> single quote which is used in "Trey's" word

There is no single quote.

>       <fo:block ...>Trey’s Best
Well, MS Word is lying: the XML is probably encoded in Windows CP1252
(or so). The fancy apostrophe (IIRC &#x90; or &#x91;) is not a valid
XML character in ISO-8859-1 encoding.

Admittedly, the error message is a bit misleading (but good for a
laugh).

J.Pietschmann