Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Bill Weir <bi...@outsourceadvice.com> on 2002/12/23 00:03:55 UTC

DatabaseBrowserPortlet: what's in context?

Hi,

I've customized the standard velocity template
"database-browser-portlet.vm"  for my own use. I want to pass the SQL to a
separate portlet called doDownload. The servlet works fine but I can't get
the SQL into the URI.

Here's the relevant section of the velocity template:

<form action="doDownload" method="get">
  <input class="bluebuttonsmall" type="submit" name="eventSubmit_doDownload"
value="Download" />
  <input type="hidden" name="query" value="$sql">
  <input type="hidden" name="js_peid" value="$portlet.ID">
</form>

But object "$sql" appears to be out of context; so the issued URI turns out
to be:

http://..../doDownload?eventSubmit_doDownload=Download&query=$sql&js_peid=<v
alid-id>

In other words, $portlet.ID is passed fine, but not $sql. $portlet.sql
doesn't work either.

How do I get the value of the SQL parameter, so I can pass it to doDownload?
What am I missing?

Bill