Posted to dev@spot.apache.org by skip cruse <f8...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/04 23:39:58 UTC

nfdump install instructions seem inaccurate

I noticed when setting up nfdump for spot-ingest that there were some
errors around the version of automake that’s requried. Apparently automake
1.14 is required and after installing that everything worked fine. I did
some digging and it looks like this was already raised via SPOT-178:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPOT-178. Perhaps someone could
update the website to reflect this dependency and add the additional setup
steps in there as well?

Cheers,
Skip
--
if( bool halfWayThere == true);
printf "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAH! LIVIN ON A PRAYER";

Re: nfdump install instructions seem inaccurate

Posted by Vivienne Pustell <vi...@yellingviv.com>.
I'm working on another website fix, I'll add this into my queue as well and
get it all done together so I can get the PRs submitted soon.

Posted by Vivienne Pustell <vi...@yellingviv.com>.

Posted by Vivienne Pustell <vi...@yellingviv.com>.
In the meantime, finally put in that PR to update the docs page to reflect
the need for a different version of automake while the longer term plan is
figured out.

I don't do a lot of wordsmithing docs type things, so if anyone feels up to
looking at this PR to make sure it's audience-friendly, that'd be great :)
https://github.com/apache/incubator-spot/pull/162

Cheers,
-Viv

Posted by Tadd Wood <ta...@apache.org>.