Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Daniel Risacher <ma...@alum.mit.edu> on 2003/03/11 05:42:28 UTC

Apache::SubRequest::run

The Cookbook talks about the 'run' method of a SubRequest, and claims
that passing a single true argument to this method will cause the
subrequest to send headers (otherwise they are suppressed).  I went
and found the code that does this in mp1 (it clears the assbackward
flag of the RequestRec before running the subrequest)

This functionality seems to be missing in mp2.  Is this intentional?
If so, is there some other way to run a subrequest and have it send
all the headers?

--
     "The blues are multicolored."   -- Dave Lambert

Daniel Risacher                      magnus@alum.mit.edu

Re: Apache::SubRequest::run

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Daniel Risacher wrote:
> The Cookbook talks about the 'run' method of a SubRequest, and claims
> that passing a single true argument to this method will cause the
> subrequest to send headers (otherwise they are suppressed).  I went
> and found the code that does this in mp1 (it clears the assbackward
> flag of the RequestRec before running the subrequest)
>
> This functionality seems to be missing in mp2.  Is this intentional?
> If so, is there some other way to run a subrequest and have it send
> all the headers?

Somebody has asked the same question a few days ago, I've replied here (I
couldn't make his code working in 1.0):
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl&m=104682701824401&w=2

Does your code work with mp1? Please post here a short handler/script that
works with 1.0, but not with 2.0, so we'll be able to reproduce it and fix it
if it's really broken.