Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Oliver Heger <Ol...@t-online.de> on 2005/02/06 17:59:28 UTC

[VOTE][configuration]Release 1.1

Dear community,

since the 1.0 release of [configuration] a couple of new features have
been added. The code base has been stable for a while now, so I think it
is time to cut out a new 1.1 release before we start to implement
further features and refactorings. A complete list of changes since the
1.0 releaes can be found here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/configuration/changes-report.html

I have created a release candidate, which can be inspected at
http://www.apache.org/~oheger/commons-configuration-1.1rc1/  (the tag
for 1.1RC1 is named CONFIGURATION_1_1RC1).

Here is my +1!

Oliver

Re: [VOTE][configuration]Release 1.1

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org>.
+1 !

Emmanuel Bourg

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org>.
Oliver Heger wrote:
> Strange!
>
> Okay, I would like to have a look at bug 33723 and maybe add a unit test
> that checks for absolute path names (to be sure). 33691 is open, too,
> but I think this has been more or less solved in the meantime. Here we
> could only modify the constructor of SubsetConfiguration that does not
> take a delimiter as argument to set the default delimiter. And we could
> prevent trailing dots in the prefix.
>
> I hope I come to these things tomorrow. Then it's time for the second RC!

Regarding bug 33691 I'm not sure we should change the code of
SubsetConfiguration, this may just be a documentation issue.

Emmanuel Bourg

RE: [VOTE][configuration]Release 1.1

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.
I'll take a loo at the latest as well, I need to update some
dependencies anyway for Turbine!

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@t-online.de>.
Strange!

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org>.
Emmanuel Bourg wrote:

> Actually I do have a bug, the configuration is loaded twice but not
> cleared, so all properties are duplicated. I'm trying to build a reduced
> test case.

I investigated the problem and found 2 issues:

- the updateLastModified method in FileChangedReloadingStrategy didn't
always work. It tried to build the File using the fileName of the
configuration and then it called lastModified(). For some reason it
returned 0 as if the file didn't exist, but I haven't been able to
determine exactly the conditions. I fixed this bug by calling getFile()
on the FileConfiguration instead of building the file from the file name.

- the previous bug caused the configuration to be reloaded on every call
to getProperty, and at some point load() has been called twice in a row,
I'm not sure how though. In this case the properties are duplicated, I
opened Bug 33814 to discuss this issue.

Emmanuel Bourg

Re: [VOTE][configuration]Release 1.1

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <sm...@lfjr.net>.

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@t-online.de>.

Eric Pugh wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I have been really tied up in real life since before Christmas, but
> life has started calming down.  I'll be looking at getting reinvolved
> again in the commons projects that are near and dear to my heart!
>
> For what it's worth, I am very excited about getting another rev of
> configuration out.  (that and gump has been complaining about Fulcrum
> Configuration and the new API!).
>
> Eric

Dipl.-Inform. Oliver Heger
Zentrale Informationsverarbeitung (ZIV) / Bereich Anwenderverfahren
Klinikum der Philipps-Universität Marburg Baldingerstraße, D-35037
Marburg
Tel: +49 6421 28-66923
mailto:oliver.heger@med.uni-marburg.de

Re: [VOTE][configuration]Release 1.1