Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> on 2022/03/29 19:31:18 UTC

Signature files ending with .gpg

Hi,

We have a membership application digitally signed with a signature file whose name ends in .gpg. Secretary workbench does not recognize this file as a signature.

Our instructions are to digitally sign and attach the detached .asc file to the email.

It would be a real PITA to manually fix this problem. Are there any easy fixes to allow the .gpg file to be treated as a signature? (I don't even know if this file is a signature...)

Thanks,
Craig

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org

Re: Signature files ending with .gpg

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sebb,

> On Mar 29, 2022, at 2:58 PM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It's not a detached signature, and is not in text format as required.
>
> I suggest it is rejected.

Thanks, that is the expertise I was looking for. As you explained to the submitter:
The .asc means ascii armored so it is the only format for a signature that we accept.

I made a pull request to add a reject button specifically for this case. Is it good enough to merge?

Thanks,
Craig

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.