Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Andy Jefferson <an...@ajsoft.net> on 2003/07/11 09:32:52 UTC

XDoclet

I want to use XDoclet with Maven, and have followed the instructions on
xdoclet's site, namely

Add dependency for xdoclet+ejb-module in project.xml
Add maven.xml that defines preGoal java:compile to attainGoal
xdoclet:ejbdoclet

I have also got j2ee.jar as a dependency, which I put in place myself
(and it compiles everything fine with this).

When I run maven with the xdoclet changes I get

com.werken.werkz.NoSuchGoalException: No goal [xdoclet:ejbdoclet]

It has downloaded the plugin (xdoclet-ejb-module-1.2b2.jar) as per the
dependencies. Are there more dependencies to add ? Or do I have to add
something to define the xdoclet:ejbdoclet goal ?

PS. The FAQ on the Maven site to a users experiences with xdoclet is a
broken link.

Thanks
--
Andy

Re: XDoclet

Posted by Andy Jefferson <an...@ajsoft.net>.
On Fri, 2003-07-11 at 08:44, sverre@explicit.dk wrote:
> remember to put the xdoclet plugin in maven's plugin directory, it seems maven
> cannot see it. You have have to delete the cache files in the maven plugin
> directory after placing the xdoclet plugin there.
> If you build maven from CVS, you have to copy the xdoclet plugin after
> building, the plugin directory is cleaned out during a maven build.
>
> I have a small XDoclet sample with Maven, I can zip it and send it to you
> later; my server is down (I'm moving ..) so I can't put it up for download,

Sverre.

Thanks for the tip. All working now.

--
Andy

Re: XDoclet

Posted by sv...@explicit.dk.
remember to put the xdoclet plugin in maven's plugin directory, it seems maven
cannot see it. You have have to delete the cache files in the maven plugin
directory after placing the xdoclet plugin there.
If you build maven from CVS, you have to copy the xdoclet plugin after
building, the plugin directory is cleaned out during a maven build.

I have a small XDoclet sample with Maven, I can zip it and send it to you
later; my server is down (I'm moving ..) so I can't put it up for download,
sorry.

Regards,
 /Sverre