Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Biren <bi...@ericsson.com> on 2014/06/09 22:10:24 UTC

Referencing feature from child instance

Hi

I am deploying bundle as feature to root instance, is it possible that I
reference to the deployed feature from an application deployed to a child
instance?

The idea is to install and start feature to root instance and each child
instance should reference to it instead of deploying the feature multiple
times.

Re: Referencing feature from child instance

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

as the child instances and the root instance are on different JVMs, if
you want to use the bundle deployed on the root instance from bundles in
child instances, you have to use remote communication between those bundles.

DOSGi (provided by Cellar or CXF) could be a solution, JMS (with
ActiveMQ) could be another one, WebService (JAX-RS/JAX-WS) another one.

In any case, there is not simple way (provided by Karaf) to do it.

Regards
JB

On 06/09/2014 10:10 PM, Biren wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am deploying bundle as feature to root instance, is it possible that I
> reference to the deployed feature from an application deployed to a child
> instance?
>
> The idea is to install and start feature to root instance and each child
> instance should reference to it instead of deploying the feature multiple
> times.

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net