Posted to user@struts.apache.org by un...@thorstenschaefer.de on 2007/01/24 16:43:03 UTC

[S1] No inheritance of validation properites?

I have a hierarchy of DynaValidatorForm beans. There is a form "Something" and
subtypes "SpecialSomething1" and "SpecialSomething2". If I use validation and
refer to the bean "Something" (to specify which general purpose properties
should be validated), the validation does not work. I have to copy the
validation code and refer to each single subtype of the form.
Does the validation part not take the inheritance hierarchy of form beans take
into account or did I make an error in my configuration?

Cheers,

Thorsten

Re: [S1] No inheritance of validation properites?

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
uni@thorstenschaefer.de wrote:
> I have a hierarchy of DynaValidatorForm beans. There is a form "Something" and
> subtypes "SpecialSomething1" and "SpecialSomething2". If I use validation and
> refer to the bean "Something" (to specify which general purpose properties
> should be validated), the validation does not work. I have to copy the
> validation code and refer to each single subtype of the form.
> Does the validation part not take the inheritance hierarchy of form beans take
> into account or did I make an error in my configuration?

It's hard to know if there's an error in your configuration without
seeing it :-) Struts doesn't pay attention to the inheritance structure
of your form beans automatically but, depending on what version of
Struts you're using, you may be able to do what you want with a little
extra configuration.

L.