Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Tomek Janiszewski <ja...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/26 13:39:10 UTC

[Proposal] Mesos on ARM

Hi all

I'd like to propose to add ARM64 support in Mesos. Currently, the only
Agent can run on ARM but it's not officially supported. This means build
failures on ARM are not considered as a bug.

I know there were a couple of tries to run Mesos on ARM (mostly on
Raspberry PI) but this process is not straightforward and requires some
tuning.

I'd like, in cooperation with WorksOnArm, to add ARM-based build to our
required test suit. Before, we need to make code to build on ARM and pass
all tests.

Unfortunately, I do not know what exactly needs to be fixed because I
haven't started yet. I hope we can do it step by step. Once we got ARM
server we can use it to find problems when running on this architecture.

What do you think about this? Is anybody interested in running Mesos on ARM?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Hs40tGSUyoQa78ifVvn7VO5iSqe8nMc7VYWSugOqGFw/edit?usp=sharing
https://github.com/WorksOnArm/cluster/issues/9

Thanks!

–
Tomasz Janiszewski

Re: [Proposal] Mesos on ARM

Posted by Adam Cecile <ad...@hitec.lu>.
Hi,

I'm already building mesos for armhf and arm64 without any issue but had
no opportunity to try my packages yet.
If someone's interrested in...

Regards, Adam.

Re: [Proposal] Mesos on ARM

Posted by Brock Palen <br...@umich.edu>.

Re: [E] Re: [Proposal] Mesos on ARM

Posted by Charles Allen <ch...@metamarkets.com>.
Given that the Raspberry Pi is designed to be an educational tool, being
able to have schools give students distributed systems experience easily
sounds like a win, and if they cut their teeth on Mesos that's even more of
a win for the project.

Re: [E] Re: [Proposal] Mesos on ARM

Posted by Charles Allen <ch...@metamarkets.com>.

Re: [E] Re: [Proposal] Mesos on ARM