Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Anil Arora <aa...@interlacesystems.com> on 2007/11/01 20:13:19 UTC

Problems deploying exploded webapp

I am trying to deploy my exploded webapp application but I'm running
into class not found issues.

    Error: Unable to distribute interlace:

    org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Failed to load

    servlet class com.interlacesystems.system.ISStartupServlet

        Failed to load servlet class

    com.interlacesystems.system.ISStartupServlet

        com.interlacesystems.system.ISStartupServlet in classloader

    default/interlace/1193941770453/war

On the server side...this looks like

13:04:47,734 ERROR [Deployer] Deployment failed due to

org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Failed to load servlet
class com

.interlacesystems.system.ISStartupServlet

        at
org.apache.geronimo.jaxws.builder.JAXWSServiceBuilder.discoverPOJOWeb

Services(JAXWSServiceBuilder.java:169)

        at
org.apache.geronimo.jaxws.builder.JAXWSServiceBuilder.discoverWebServ

ices(JAXWSServiceBuilder.java:110)

        at
org.apache.geronimo.jaxws.builder.JAXWSServiceBuilder.findWebServices

(JAXWSServiceBuilder.java:92)

        at
org.apache.geronimo.jaxws.builder.JAXWSServiceBuilder$$FastClassByCGL

IB$$5b2252ff.invoke(<generated>)

This class should be loaded via the sharedlib.  I changed the config.xml
to include the following...

    <module name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/sharedlib/2.0.2/car">

        <gbean name="SharedLib">

            <attribute
name="classesDirs">${interlace.home},${interlace.home}/internal/interlac
e/bundles,${interlace.home}/interlace/bundles</attribute>

            <attribute
name="libDirs">${interlace.home}/internal/lib,${interlace.home}/lib</att
ribute>

        </gbean>

    </module>

I even tried hard coding the absolute path, so I don't think it's
related to the system property.

I debugged this using my ide and I see that the jar files are added to
multiparentClassloader.  Just doesn't see to pick it up.

Do I need to add a reference or dependency in my Geronimo-web.xml?  This
is what it looks like now.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.1">

    <context-root>/interlace</context-root>

</web-app>

Anil

RE: Problems deploying exploded webapp

Posted by Anil Arora <aa...@interlacesystems.com>.
Ok...I figured this out...

Changed my geronimo-web.xml file to include a dependency...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.1"

        xmlns:sys="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1"

        xmlns:naming="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.1">

    <sys:environment>

        <sys:dependencies>

            <sys:dependency>

                <sys:groupId>org.apache.geronimo.configs</sys:groupId>

                <sys:artifactId>sharedlib</sys:artifactId>

                <sys:version>2.0.2</sys:version>

                <sys:type>car</sys:type>

            </sys:dependency>

       </sys:dependencies>