Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Mikko Hämäläinen <mi...@hotmail.com> on 2003/10/07 13:05:08 UTC

Getting history files with Slide API

Hello,

I'm creating my own servlet that uses Slide's API to access the files
managed and versioned with Slide.

The problem I'm having right now is that the version files are stored
in the /history/foo/ folder as 'cryptic' numbers and 'normal' files
are in /foo/. Asking revisions from /foo/bar.txt file (or node) gives
only the latest revision.

I've gone through the API but haven't found a way to connect history
with the 'normal' files.
How can I relate these two to each other?

Any assistance is appreciated. Source example would be great.

Ari Paasonen
ari.paasonen@evtek.fi

Re: Getting history files with Slide API

Posted by Grant Gongaware <gg...@itensil.com>.
I wish history had a different system. This is really a side effect of
the deltaV rfc which describes the history folder layout, which
consequently uses different access control than the actual
files/collections and doesn't leverage the revision features of a Slide
store.

I'd love a system that would take a url like /foo/bar.txt?version=2.1,
but there's all sorts of problems that could cause the webdav
protocol.... along the lines of Microsoft and their magic Translate: f
header.