Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Marchiori Carlo <ma...@cad.it> on 2004/04/05 09:20:51 UTC

Cocoon without a web Container

I would like to use Cocoon outside a web
environment. I think most of the Cocoon
heart is indipendent from such an enviroment.

Only, I see the method debug of the org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon
class explicitly uses web session and request objects.
Maybe that should be removed.

In my opinion protocol should be known only
by the component which sets up the invocation context,
which is outside of Cocoon, and eventually
by generators and serializers which may look up
protocol objects in the object model.

Is there anybody out there  interested in
using Cocoon out of a web environment?

My target would be to use Cocoon in a general
integration environment.

Thanks,
Carlo.