Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@apache.org> on 2007/01/28 23:25:52 UTC

[VOTE] Release Velocity 1.5 (again, this time for real. :-) )

Due to a misunderstanding in the vote procedure, we actually have to
repeat the release vote, because we should vote only on really rolled
releases.

The candidate for the Apache Velocity 1.5 release is available from
http://people.apache.org/dist/velocity/1.5/

Shall we release this code base as Apache Velocity 1.5

[ ] +1 Yes.
[ ]  0 I still don't care.
[ ] -1 No, because ________________________________.

Vote period is

Monday, Jan 29th 0:00 MET to Wednesday, Jan 31st 0:00 MET

	Best regards
		Henning

Re: [VOTE] Release Velocity 1.5 (again, this time for real. :-) )

Posted by Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 2007-01-28 at 23:25 +0100, Henning Schmiedehausen wrote:
> [X] +1 Yes.
> [ ]  0 I still don't care.
> [ ] -1 No, because ________________________________.

Re: [VOTE] Release Velocity 1.5 (again, this time for real. :-) )

Posted by ap...@recks.org.
+1 from me!

:) Christoph

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Knew I'd be unpopular the moment I hit se

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
On Jan 31, 2007, at 1:52 AM, Will Glass-Husain wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Knew I'd be unpopular the moment I hit send.

You did the right thing.  This is what the oversight processes here
at the ASF are about.

> Three quick notes.
>
> 1) don't think the changes are big.  But I think the distro should be
> reviewed and fixed.  A bad hyperlink on the main menu, in our first
> release in 3 years, looks sloppy and conveys an inaccurate impression
> of the quality of our product.
>
> 2) Unlike V-tools, we did not have a test build.  Instead, the final
> package was created with the choice "vote yes, or delay the release".
> I don't like it.

That's why I advocate having no manual steps to re-create the
release.  If you are lucky, you have everything happen in HEAD.
Then, tag *that*, and do misc tweaks if needed.

Also, the "vote or delay" was simply due to special circumstances,
not regular practice.

> 3) I'd be happy to vote +1 if we could call this Velocity 1.5rc1.  But
> given the historic significance of this release, I urge us to release
> "Velocity 1.5" in a professional distro without obvious errors.    (no
> need to immediately issue Velocity 1.5.1).

I think an rc1 should be as perfect as much as possible as well -
calling it RC means (to me) -" this is what we'd like to release,
anything obvious we missed?" and engage the public on it.  That's
what we used to do, IIRC, around here :)

So yeah, this could be RC1, but to do that, I'd prefer to see
something sane done like

     velocity/engine/branches/1.5
                    tags/1.5RC1

and have that released w/ RC1 in the right places.  Then we wait
until Henning gets back from lounging about for 6 weeks :) fix
anything the community found, and go for 1.5

geir

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
"Nathan Bubna" <nb...@gmail.com> writes:

>test build == unreleased build to be tested then voted upon

>hold on, i'm dropping this email and starting another.  we have to get
>our terms and release processes straight or we'll never find
>consensus.

+1. I'd like to encourage Geir and Will to start a Wiki page and
outline a process here. Also a terms definition would be nice.

	Best regards
		Henning

--
Henning P. Schmiedehausen  -- hps@intermeta.de | J2EE, Linux,
91054 Buckenhof, Germany   -- +49 9131 506540 | Apache person

          "Save the cheerleader. Save the world."

Re: [VOTE] Release Velocity 1.5 (again, this time for real. :-) )

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
On 1/30/07, Will Glass-Husain <wg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just to clarify...
>
> > > 2) Unlike V-tools, we did not have a test build.  Instead, the final
> > > package was created with the choice "vote yes, or delay the release".
>
> > no.  we did have a test build and veltools did not.
> > test build == unreleased build to be tested then voted upon
>
> What I meant is that there was no opportunity to offer fixes upon this
> build before voting.  Due to the timing, Henning put that last touches
> on the build then called for a vote.  Obviously, I'd much prefer to
> just have added the missing page to the Velocity 1.5 branch, but
> according to our recently clarified rules, I can't fix this and have
> this vote apply to that fix.  We have to vote on a specific
> distribution.

build or branch?  let's not confuse those.

that said, yes, it feels like 1.5 is caught on procedural
technicalities when the code is good and we all want to see it
released.  :(

> As a side question, is there a required voting period?  It seems
> pretty obvious to me that we could do another vote and with everyone
> saying yes quickly, perhaps allowing Henning to still make this
> happen.  Though I'd like to see an rc, I wouldn't insist on it.

i don't know.  i also don't know why we're just expecting Henning to
make this happen, when he's probably got enough to do with getting
ready to travel, and he isn't the one with itches left to scratch on
this release.

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@gmail.com>.
Just to clarify...

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
On 1/30/07, Will Glass-Husain <wg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Knew I'd be unpopular the moment I hit send.

no, no. we still like you.  just not your decision.  :)

> Three quick notes.
>
> 1) don't think the changes are big.  But I think the distro should be
> reviewed and fixed.  A bad hyperlink on the main menu, in our first
> release in 3 years, looks sloppy and conveys an inaccurate impression
> of the quality of our product.

review and fix away!

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
On Jan 31, 2007, at 10:09 AM, Henning P. Schmiedehausen wrote:

> "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com> writes:
>
>>> because Maven2 has issues and that's what the current site is being
>>> built with.  i've tried to get it working on my machine, but no luck
>>> yet.
>
>> Then I'd argue this shouldn't be our site until this is fixed :)
>
> Geir,
>
> sorry for me starting to lose my patience here, but this is the thing:
>
> Between November '06 and now I tried to make the new velocity project
> site and the engine docs to be an as good user experience as can be.
>
> I put a lot of work in this using maven. There have been a number of
> things sprouted from here that you can review under site/tools. I also
> found enough bugs in maven and its components to fill a small
> folder. That is how open source works. Especially open source that
> tries to be somewhat on the "Leading wave".
>
> Up until now, all you did was saying "I don't like this". "I'm
> concerned about this". "I'd argue that we do it differently".

I don't recall.  I'm usually not that prescient.

> The thing is: That is not helping. Actually, it is frustrating in a
> big way.
>
> I'd like you to spent some time to take a look at what is there, not
> what you would like to have (and then seem to expect to appear
> automagically).

I didn't ask you to change anything, IIRC.

> If you find things missing, being less than ideal, I'd
> encourage you to either
>
> a) fix it
> b) open issues for it
>
> Please review wheter doing neither a) nor b) but just leaning back and
> saying "I'd argue that this should not be our site until it is fixed"
> is really a constructive and encouraging way to work in a (regrettably
> small) developer community.

Henning - what you are saying is that you broke it and you want me to
fix it?  I'm not sure I like that.  I tend to believe that except
when people agree to do the contrary, it's a good idea to ensure that
any works-in-progress remain uncommitted, or in a branch or
whiteboard, to ensure that there's a working configuration available
to anyone to work with.

I haven't commented on the site, the quality of it or anything like
that.  I simply noted surprise that we have a site that only you can
build, and noted that maybe that shouldn't actually be the official
project site until that's fixed.

geir

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
What comments from the PRC?

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
On 1/31/07, Will Glass-Husain <wg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, I didn't want to step on Henning's toes by doing this too soon.
> I'm guessing he's wrapping up and getting ready for his big trip.  We
> can address the site update immediately following the release.

if he's planning to do the fixes and put up a new test build, i
haven't heard him say it.  at this point, i think it'd be a nice
gesture of cooperation if you were to step up and help.

> Incidentally, the press release is coming along.  The PRC has given
> useful comments.   I'm still working on getting a quote from a
> commercial user.  Claude has agreed to be the European contact for the
> press and I'll be listed as the US contact.

that's great!  perhaps we could put out a request for commercial
soundbites on the user list?

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
On 1/31/07, Will Glass-Husain <wg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Quick note at 6AM.  (always dangerous to send email 15 min after getting up).
>
> How about if I just drop my concerns about the lack of an rc, and just
> ask - is there any way we can issue a release "Velocity 1.5" with the
> anakia documentation fixed?  It's a small patch to two files to fix
> the xdoc that has already been applied to trunk.

Yes.  We have not had an official 1.5 release, only a test build.
Our next release can be either 1.5 or 1.5-rc1 or whatever.

> Again, I'd be happy to do the release - perhaps we could get the site
> ready, archive it, then copy the release over when ready?

If you're willing to do the release, go for it.  Put the fixes in the
VELOCITY_1.5_BRANCH, roll a test build, upload it, point us to it, and
then call for a vote.  Updating the site is a secondary thing.  We can
figure that out when we get to it.

> I really like the new site organization.  I assume these Maven issues
> are a temporary thing.  If it becomes too onerous we might just back
> out the specific site features in the short term.

agreed.  and i'm also not aware of any reason that we can't just go in
and tweak the html by hand if we need to.  the site can be dealt with.
 get the release up to you standards and release it.  i'm growing
quite weary of talking about it.

Posted by Claude Brisson <cl...@renegat.net>.
Keep sending mail early in the morning! I find this one very
constructive.

Le mercredi 31 janvier 2007 à 06:20 -0800, Will Glass-Husain a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Quick note at 6AM.  (always dangerous to send email 15 min after getting up).
>
> How about if I just drop my concerns about the lack of an rc, and just
> ask - is there any way we can issue a release "Velocity 1.5" with the
> anakia documentation fixed?  It's a small patch to two files to fix
> the xdoc that has already been applied to trunk.

"1.5" is a good marketing choice... keep it simple... the very few
people enough curious to find the download link of the not yet public
"1.5" release should be clever enough to correctly update their
dependencies and shouldn't be drastically impacted by the missing docfix
in Anakia.

  Claude

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
"Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com> writes:

>> because Maven2 has issues and that's what the current site is being
>> built with.  i've tried to get it working on my machine, but no luck
>> yet.

>Then I'd argue this shouldn't be our site until this is fixed :)

Geir,

sorry for me starting to lose my patience here, but this is the thing:

Between November '06 and now I tried to make the new velocity project
site and the engine docs to be an as good user experience as can be.

I put a lot of work in this using maven. There have been a number of
things sprouted from here that you can review under site/tools. I also
found enough bugs in maven and its components to fill a small
folder. That is how open source works. Especially open source that
tries to be somewhat on the "Leading wave".

Up until now, all you did was saying "I don't like this". "I'm
concerned about this". "I'd argue that we do it differently".

The thing is: That is not helping. Actually, it is frustrating in a
big way.

I'd like you to spent some time to take a look at what is there, not
what you would like to have (and then seem to expect to appear
automagically). If you find things missing, being less than ideal, I'd

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
On Jan 31, 2007, at 11:07 PM, Nathan Bubna wrote:

> On 1/31/07, Geir Magnusson Jr. <ge...@pobox.com> wrote:

>> being

>> > Sorry, it's a little late for argument. :(  this is our first go at
>> > our TLP site.
>>
>> But the TLP site could have been a slightly agumented older site.
>
> ah... hindsight.  yeah, it could've, at least until the new one was
> totally ready.  we didn't expect so many problems, and even now i feel
> like getting things sorted with Maven2 is the path of least resistance
> and will be more useful in the long run.  again, YMMV.

I'm sure it's going to be great.  But it wasn't really much
'hindsight' on my part to suggest using the existing site.  I mean,
when Harmony went TLP, I switched a few URLs and <poof> a site for
Harmony the TLP...

>> > we didn't have one, Henning made one that worked for
>> > him and believed he had left sufficient instructions for others to
>> > copy.  Turns out it wasn't so simple (at least for me, YMMV).
>> No one
>> > foresaw this, and fixes and further effort are in the pipeline.
>> If i
>> > understand the situation fully, the options facing each of us
>> here are
>> > a) jump in and help, b) replace it entirely with something more
>> > workable, or c) wait for someone else to do a) or b).   personally,
>> > i'm planning to find time for a).
>>
>> Great.  But don't give me flak for suggesting that having only one
>> person able to build is suboptimal.
>
> heh.  sorry, but it'd be really hard not to come back with a "thanks,
> Captain Obvious" to something like that.  ;-)  seriously, we all know
> it's not good, and Henning's not the only working on changing that
> status.  help and/or patience are appreciated.

<sigh>

geir

Re: [VOTE] Release Velocity 1.5 (again, this time for real. :-) )

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
On 1/31/07, Geir Magnusson Jr. <ge...@pobox.com> wrote:

> On Jan 31, 2007, at 5:54 AM, Nathan Bubna wrote:
>
> > On 1/30/07, Geir Magnusson Jr. <ge...@pobox.com> wrote:

> >> Why is he the only one that can do the site?
> >
> > because Maven2 has issues and that's what the current site is being
> > built with.  i've tried to get it working on my machine, but no luck
> > yet.
>
> Then I'd argue this shouldn't be our site until this is fixed :)

Sorry, it's a little late for argument. :(  this is our first go at
our TLP site.  we didn't have one, Henning made one that worked for

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
"Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com> writes:

>> (2) Take a little time to make the minor fix required, then release
>> the software.  I can step up to do this over the next few days.  I
>> think Henning was concerned we'd need to rebuild the site and he's the
>> only one that can do that.   If I managed the release, I'd probably
>> want to do Velocity 1.5rc1 first and then Velocity 1.5 two weeks
>> later.

>Why is he the only one that can do the site?

Because I currently have ~ 15 open issues on the Maven JIRA which in
part are needed to get e.g. the JIRA report integrated.

I can send you the patches against maven 2.0.x HEAD, then you rebuild
maven and can do a nice "mvn clean site site:deploy" yourself.

There is a reason why I insist on having the actual code and release
build staying on ant. The site is not that critical. It is just
plainly annoying that the state of Maven 2.0.x is as it is.

If you want to see the reason why switching from ant to maven for the
site build, compare
http://velocity.apache.org/engine/releases/velocity-1.4/ and
http://velocity.apache.org/engine/devel/

	Best regards
		Henning

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
On 1/30/07, Will Glass-Husain <wg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Reluctantly, I vote -1.

:(

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
On 1/30/07, Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@apache.org> wrote:
> I did discuss this in some depth with Will on IRC. He explained me his
> reasons for the vote in depth I respect them. Here is my response:
>
> - The problem with the anakia.html file is apparent and obvious. So we
>   have a single file for a quite obscure part of Velocity missing. It
>   is fixed on the site
>   (http://velocity.apache.org/engine/releases/velocity-1.5/anakia.html)
>   so if anyone is really looking for this file and can not find it in
>   the downloaded distribution, it is available online.
>
>   To me, this is no show stopper. It is a wart. We have a number of
>   them (I can readily think of at least one more broken link on the
>   bundled pages).
>
> - The release feels "rushed". As I wrote, yes in part it is because I
>   want to get it out before end of January. We have been dragging that
>   release for so long that we might make the vaporware top 10 at some
>   point. I'd like to get over with it. If we have warts, we can release
>   1.5.1 which fix them.
>
>   Aiming for perfection IMHO does not cut the cake. Good is enough and
>   we can always do the next release. We can find a reason not to release
>   every time we try.

+1

> - The issues we have are *solely* with documentation. No code is
>   involved.
>
> - Re-releasing 1.5 is IMHO not possible. We have rolled tarballs and
>   jars which have been available from
>   http://people.apache.org/dist/velocity/1.5/ Some people are bound to
>   have downloaded them and they might even spread. We can denounce
>   them as "not officially released" but if we re-roll 1.5 tarballs, we
>   will end up with bug reports against bogus versions.

eh...  if you think so.  i wouldn't say we released it even once, much
less worry about re-releasing.  we can call the next test build 1.5,
1.5.0 or 1.5.1, as far as i'm concerned.

> Telling me that I did a lot of work is nice. I know it. Velocity did cut
> seriously into my spare time lately and I want to spend this time for
> coding, not doing release and documentation chores. There has not much
> response been in terms of helping with docs and while most people are
> already talking about "the grand new Velocity 2.0", we want to get an
> actual release for 1.x first.

Sorry, been busy with VelocityTools 1.3. :(

> BTW: I don't actually buy into the "smooth transition" argument anyway,
> however I can not really reinforce it. If you have an app that uses 1.4
> or 1.3 for a long time and you just drop 1.5 in, you are in for a
> surprise.  There is always dependency upgrading (which we could have
> stated more prominently in the release, but we do have it on the web
> site now  (http://velocity.apache.org/engine/devel/upgrading.html, once
> the mirror caught up), so adding that link in the announcement is IMHO
> fine.
>
> As a compromise, I'd like to propose to keep the 1.5 release and call it
> "Release candidate" in the same way as httpd calls it's releases x.y.z
> and assigns them "levels of quality" such as (Alpha) (Beta) (Release
> Candidate) (General Availability). So this would then be
> Velocity 1.5 (Release Candidate) with probably Velocity 1.5.1 (General
> Availability) following.

hmm.  not thrilled about switching release procedures midway, but if
you won't release Velocity 1.5 as final/GA/whatever, then i want to
see some sort of release.  so, i suppose i'll give this plan a:

+1

> This would mean that we reduce our planned 'press campaign' to an
> announcement on the dev list and the RSS feed and run the real thing for
> 1.5.1.
>
> I will not release if we have a -1 vote even if we do have three PMC +1
> votes. I know the 'Apache rules' would back me here, but I would feel
> uncomfortable to do this without unanimous consent from the PMC members.
> Will felt strong enough about this to not just abstain but to vote -1,
> so we should try to resolve this and get him to retract his vote.

To be honest, i'm bummed about this.  I think there is wisdom in the
rules.   If Will feels strongly enough to -1 this, then he should feel
strongly enough to address his concerns, upload a 1.5.1 test build and
vote to have it released ASAP to supersede the 1.5 release.

> I did pull the release archives from people.apache.org. If we can
> resolve this on short notice, good. If not, we are basically stuck with
> Mid-March as the next possible release date (and a third vote) if I
> should do the release or someone else stepping up as release manager.

Will should be able to scratch his itches quickly.  Mid-march is a
long time to wait for such small tweaks.  If he doesn't step up with a
1.5.1 test build and vote before then, then i may take a shot at it.

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
On Jan 31, 2007, at 12:52 AM, Nathan Bubna wrote:

> On 1/30/07, Geir Magnusson Jr. <ge...@pobox.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Jan 30, 2007, at 11:24 PM, Henning Schmiedehausen wrote:
>> >
>> > As a compromise, I'd like to propose to keep the 1.5 release and
>> > call it
>> > "Release candidate" in the same way as httpd calls it's releases
>> x.y.z
>> > and assigns them "levels of quality" such as (Alpha) (Beta)
>> (Release
>> > Candidate) (General Availability). So this would then be
>> > Velocity 1.5 (Release Candidate) with probably Velocity 1.5.1
>> (General
>> > Availability) following.
>>
>> No - that's confusing.  1.5 RC would be followed by 1.5 GA
>
> eh.. only if we're talking about a vote to just re-label 1.5.  if we
> make changes to the distro (even for docs) and roll a new release,

We didn't release this, so it doesn't matter, IMO.

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
On Jan 30, 2007, at 11:24 PM, Henning Schmiedehausen wrote:

> - Re-releasing 1.5 is IMHO not possible. We have rolled tarballs and
>   jars which have been available from
>   http://people.apache.org/dist/velocity/1.5/ Some people are bound to
>   have downloaded them and they might even spread. We can denounce
>   them as "not officially released" but if we re-roll 1.5 tarballs, we
>   will end up with bug reports against bogus versions.

This is why you review and vote on artifacts before they go out.

> BTW: I don't actually buy into the "smooth transition" argument
> anyway,
> however I can not really reinforce it. If you have an app that uses
> 1.4
> or 1.3 for a long time and you just drop 1.5 in, you are in for a
> surprise.  There is always dependency upgrading (which we could have
> stated more prominently in the release, but we do have it on the web
> site now  (http://velocity.apache.org/engine/devel/upgrading.html,
> once
> the mirror caught up), so adding that link in the announcement is IMHO
> fine.

That's not true. Historically, we have bent over backwards in this
project to make upgrades predicable and stable.

> As a compromise, I'd like to propose to keep the 1.5 release and
> call it
> "Release candidate" in the same way as httpd calls it's releases x.y.z
> and assigns them "levels of quality" such as (Alpha) (Beta) (Release
> Candidate) (General Availability). So this would then be
> Velocity 1.5 (Release Candidate) with probably Velocity 1.5.1 (General
> Availability) following.

No - that's confusing.  1.5 RC would be followed by 1.5 GA

> This would mean that we reduce our planned 'press campaign' to an
> announcement on the dev list and the RSS feed and run the real
> thing for
> 1.5.1.
>
> I will not release if we have a -1 vote even if we do have three
> PMC +1
> votes. I know the 'Apache rules' would back me here, but I would feel
> uncomfortable to do this without unanimous consent from the PMC
> members.
> Will felt strong enough about this to not just abstain but to vote -1,
> so we should try to resolve this and get him to retract his vote.

Look - you said yourself that the code is fine, it's the other stuff
that's problematic. So.....

> I did pull the release archives from people.apache.org. If we can
> resolve this on short notice, good. If not, we are basically stuck
> with
> Mid-March as the next possible release date (and a third vote) if I
> should do the release or someone else stepping up as release manager.
>
> I'd like to hear opinions from others to that. I'd also like to
> encourage you to lobby Will to withdraw his -1 :-)

You did the right thing by taking the problematic binaries off of the
URL right now for starters.  These were never presented to the public
as released binaries, so I'm not worried about people being confused.

I think that given the significance of this release, we want to get
this right in as many details as humanly possible.  Thanks for all
the work you put into it - it was a great effort.   Now others can
help w/ the final polish.

geir

Posted by Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@apache.org>.

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Claude Brisson <cl...@renegat.net>.
+1

This is the first valid +1 since the three previous ones where BEFORE
00:00 MET...
(Ok, just jokin')

  Claude

Posted by Matthijs Lambooy <la...@crossmarx.nl>.
+1

Matthijs Lambooy

Malcolm Edgar wrote:
> +1
>
> regards Malcolm Edgar
>
> On 1/29/07, Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Due to a misunderstanding in the vote procedure, we actually have to
>> repeat the release vote, because we should vote only on really rolled
>> releases.
>>
>> The candidate for the Apache Velocity 1.5 release is available from
>> http://people.apache.org/dist/velocity/1.5/
>>
>> Shall we release this code base as Apache Velocity 1.5
>>
>> [ ] +1 Yes.
>> [ ]  0 I still don't care.
>> [ ] -1 No, because ________________________________.
>>
>> Vote period is
>>
>> Monday, Jan 29th 0:00 MET to Wednesday, Jan 31st 0:00 MET
>>
>>         Best regards
>>                 Henning

Matthijs Lambooy
CrossmarX BV, Amsterdam
http://www.crossmarx.com
+31654771926
skype callto://matthijslambooy
xmpp:matthijs1@jabber.org

http://www.zoook.nl laat zien wat je te koop hebt

Re: [VOTE] Release Velocity 1.5 (again, this time for real. :-) )

Posted by Malcolm Edgar <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
+1

This is 1.5 (was: Re: [VOTE] Release Velocity 1.5 (again, this time for real. :-) ))

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
"Will Glass-Husain" <wg...@forio.com> writes:

No, that is the real thing. I'd say that there is o point in an RC,
mainly because there were no complaints / new bugs with beta2.

Why do an RC when everyone seems to be happy / does not care? If it
really is a brown paper bag thing (which I doubt), we release 1.5.1
early.

	Best regards
		Henning

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@forio.com>.